- White noise machine: I had one of these in my therapy room at school to help block out the noise of the classrooms near me, and help my students focus better… but at home, it’s been vital for helping ME focus better! (Especially since my husband likes to work with videos or music playing in the background, and his desk is in the room next to mine.) It also helps protect privacy while conducting virtual meetings or therapy. If I could recommend any one item to you, it would definitely be this one!
- Laptop stand: I like using my laptop, but the height never feels right for viewing on my desk or table. The one I got is out of stock right now, but this is a similar option.
- Lighting: I have found that when I stare at screens all day, my eyes really take the strain. I have found the Ott light lamps to be the best on my eyes! This floor lamp has also helped to add more light to my whole living room when I take my laptop in there to work.
- Desk pad: There are several options of these available, but it helps brighten up and define my workspace, as well as cover up some scratches on the top of my desk! It also functions as a coaster and a mousepad, which is also helpful. This is the one I have, and here is another option.
- Seat cushion: I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely feeling more aches and pains from sitting more of my day! This egg crate seat cushion has helped quite a bit.
- Headphones with built-in microphone: These are so helpful when having meetings or therapy sessions online! It helps to block out noise from your house, but also allows you to mute when necessary. My favorites have unfortunately increased in price, but these are another comfortable set I have used as well.
- Paper and file organizer: I’m pretty sure my paper and folder piles have been expanding on their own lately! This organizer helps keep them a little more contained, thankfully.
- Rolling cart: I also had one of these in my office at school, but I am finding that it helps keep my “work” items separate and within easy reach. I think this would be particularly handy if you were doing teletherapy!
*Disclaimer: These are affiliate links from Amazon.com; the small fees generated help offset the cost of running this website.