Have you heard about the new ethics CEU requirement that ASHA is rolling out, effective 2020? Many individual states have also recently implemented an ethics course requirement as part of the renewal process for individual state SLP licenses as well.
- Illinois – 1 hour every 2 years
- Texas – 2 hours every 2 years
- Kentucky – 2 hours every 2 years
- Ohio – 2 hours every 2 years
- Wisconsin – 2 hours every 2 years
- Bilinguistics: Navigating Ethical Predicaments in Your Work with Diverse Students Length: 1 hour Cost: Free
- Lingraphica: Ethical Considerations for Bilingual Patients with Aphasia Length: 1 hour Cost: Free
- ISHA: The Illinois Speech-Language Hearing Association offers a one hour course on Introduction to Ethics that is free for ISHA members – it is available for $35 to nonmembers (which includes out of state SLPs).
- The Informed SLP: Considerations for Ethical Practice Length: 1 Hour Cost: $10 for members, $28 for non members (PS: see my review of the membership here!)
- Bilinguistics: Ethical Considerations for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Populations Length: 2 Hours Cost: $30
- Northern Speech Services: Ethics 1: Evidence and Clinical Decision Making Length: 1 Hour Cost: $24
- Northern Speech Services: Ethics 2: Patient Values & Clinician Bias Length: 1 hour Cost: $24
- Northern Speech Services: Ethics, Evidence, & Pediatric Decision Making Length: 1 hour Cost: $24
- Northern Speech Services: Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing: Ethics Across Settings Ensuring Quality of Care Through Collaboration Length: 1 hour Cost: $24
- Northern Speech Services: Ethics, Evidence, and Clinical Decision Making Length: 3 hours Cost: $59
- Professional Development Resources: Ethics for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Length: 2 hours Cost: $29
- SpeechPathology.com: Several 1 to 1.5 hour courses available in the unlimited $99 per year membership fee, including: Ethical Decision Making, Addressing Ethical Challenges Associated with Serving Children with Swallowing and Feeding Disorders in the Schools, Mentoring, Professionalism, and Ethics in Practicum Students and Colleagues, and Supervision of Supervisees in an Ethical Manner. BONUS: Get one free course if you haven’t been a member of the site before by using the code “1FREECOURSE”
- SpeechTherapyPD.com: Several 1 hour courses and one 2 hour course available in the unlimited $89 per year membership fee, but also available to be purchased individually, including: Ethics and Early Intervention ($24.99 individually), Ethics of Early Intervention ($24.99 individually), Finding an Ethical Place to Work ($29.99 individually), and Navigating the Gray: Ethical Practice ($34.99 individually)
Don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter to get more helpful SLP content, delivered straight to your inbox!